Sunday, October 21, 2012

Whisper by Heather Hildenbrand


Synopsis:
The Cherokee believe when a person dies, their soul is reborn. Life is repeated. An endless cycle of lessons to be learned, love to be found, destiny to be fulfilled. For the past six months, in every flower, every bird, I’ve imagined my parents, relieved of their human forms.

Now, after five months at the Skye View Wellness Center, it was summer. A time for parties and friends, but that’s the last thing I want to do. So when my best friend Erin convinces me to attend a bonfire at Eagle Point, I can’t handle the crowd full of sympathetic stares or drunken class clowns who would use my tragedy as a way into my heart – or my pants. The solitude of the woods offers an escape, until I stumble upon a boy, unconscious and bleeding, his pockets stuffed not with identification but with poetry illustrating the beauty of dying. I’ve seen enough death. I will not leave this boy’s side.

Even after he wakes, when the only thing he can remember are visions of events that haven’t happened yet…


My Thoughts:
Oh where to begin with this review... My mind is still reeling from the amazingness that is this story! The author has this way of writing that just captures a little bit of your very being and holds it hostage until the very last word. This is a great story for anyone who has suffered a tragic loss. The main character is catapulted into a life she never thought would exist, a life no one should ever have to endure. While this is not so much a "paranormal" story, it does have that mystical quality that most fans enjoy. I recommend this to anyone who likes a great fictional Native American story :)




Author Bio:
Author of Across the Galaxy, Whisper, and the Dirty Blood series. I write, read, and fuss at my kids. Oh, and I do laundry, lots of laundry. I'm pretty good at it, too. Sometimes I even read WHILE doing laundry - and fussing at my kids. I'm a multi-tasker.

For more information on my books, release dates, or just general stalker material, um, I mean FAN material, visit my website. www.heatherhildenbrand.blogspot.com. I love hearing from readers!

Likes and dislikes? I love vintage tees, hate socks with sandals, and if my house was on fire the one thing I'd grab is my DVR player!


Stalker Links:
http://www.twitter.com/HeatherHildenbr

https://www.facebook.com/HeatherHildenbrandsFanPage

http://www.amazon.com/Heather-Hildenbrand/e/B004VH51XE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

No comments:

Post a Comment